BENEFITS OF MUAY THAI and BOXING TRAINING
Muay Thai is one of the most sought after martial arts or sports today. This amazing martial art which originated from Thailand more than a thousand years ago has since captured the attention and interest of martial arts enthusiasts and fitness fanatics all over the world. It might be quite intimidating for some to try because it’s an intense physical sport in every sense of the word. It demands both high physical and mental endurance because of all the punching, clinching, and kicking involved. Nevertheless, Muay Thai is definitely something worth trying. There are a lot of benefits that you can get in Muay Thai training aside from the obvious self defence application.
Let us share some of them with you.
- 1. An improved body. Muay Thai training boosts your body’s metabolism which makes you burn off unwanted fats and gain muscle. With only a few months of training you can see a much leaner and meaner silhouette of your body. Aside from toning your body, Muay Thai is also effective in boosting your immune system, making you less susceptible to illnesses.
- 2. Enhanced flexibility. With regular training, your body will become more flexible and conditioned.
- 3. Increased strength and agility. Regular Muay Thai training helps build your stamina and put your body in good shape. As your body gets exposed to intense routines on a regular basis, your body becomes stronger and more resilient.
- 4. Enhanced mind and body coordination. Constant Muay Thai training allows your mind and body to connect instantly and effectively as you react to your sparring partner’s attacks.
- 5. Increased mental alertness. Muay Thai is all about strategy so your mind will also be trained to think of new tactics to help you fight and defend yourself from your opponent.
- 6. Value of sportsmanship and self discipline. Muay Thai is a very competitive sport so you’ll really learn how to control yourself and how to respect others even though they are your opponent.
- 7. You get to meet and make friends with new people. Muay Thai training gives you the opportunity to meet and socialise with different kinds of people. This is a brilliant way to boost your self confidence and self esteem as well.
- As you can see, Muay Thai really is a great sport to take up. What’s good about it is that it doesn’t only improve the physical body, but the mind as well. So, what are you waiting for?
- Learn Muay Thai NOW!
Muay Thai Kickboxing – Kids
Muay Thai boxing is a martial art accessible to people of all ages, including children (girls and boys). Following a suitable course in Muay Thai training, youngsters will benefit enormously from the inevitable physical and mental improvements. Muay Thai boxing will improve a child’s self-confidence and self-awareness. As well as keep them quick and agile, healthy and strong.
Benefits of Muay Thai Kickboxing for Kids:
- Direction: Kids participating in Muay Thai Kickboxing learn how to set goals, gain the necessary knowledge, and to work towards achieving them. Muay Thai Kickboxing is a structured program with belts acknowledging personal achievement. Belts display both effort, time, and experience in training.
- Fitness: Participating in Muay Thai Kickboxing will improve the overall fitness level of kids who attend class regularly. Kids engage in a series of conditioning, stretching and strength exercises as part of their regular training. The program is designed to be progressive so each student progresses at their own speed. Consistent training produces better muscle tone, strength, and flexibility. Benefits derived from training include a lower percentage of body fat, increased energy, and enthusiasm for physical activity.
- Coordination: Muay Thai Kickboxing contains a progressive series of movements that improves the coordination of participants. Training in Muay Thai Kickboxing requires learning striking techniques and putting them together in a string of movement. This combination develops both specific and sequential improvement in the coordination of the body.
- Confidence: Training in Muay Thai Kickboxing improves the confidence of kids that will carry over into all venues of their lives. Through a series of challenges kids learn how to approach new situations and successfully navigate them. Challenges are progressive, and graduated, becoming more challenging at each step of the program. This format produces a foundation of self-trust and a willingness to approach challenges. The success which develops produces the confidence needed to achieve more challenging goals in the future as well.
- Self-Esteem: Kids develop enhanced self-esteem as an outcome of consistent training in Muay Thai Kickboxing. The success that kids experience as part of their training builds a self-respect that translates into self-esteem. They learn to trust, respect, and like themselves for who they are. The self-esteem they develop is strong and durable because it is based on achievement. Enhanced self-esteem will impact positively on how they relate to others, authority, and themselves.
- Self-Defense: Although most students of Muay Thai Kickboxing do it for the sport, kids learn valuable self-defense skills as well. Kids training in Muay Thai Kickboxing not only learn how to defend themselves in various situations, but develop the confidence that helps them to avoid many of the bully traps. Kids trained in the striking arts learn how to avoid, evade, and escape from many physical confrontations so common to the young. Self-defense is only one of the many benefits of Muay Thai Kickboxing, but it is a valuable benefit for kids none the less.
BENIFITS OF BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU TRAINING
In addition to being a very effective combat sport and self-defense method, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu also offers its disciplined practitioners a variety of health benefits. It is an art that is extremely rigorous and difficult to master, and through this arduous process martial artists can expect to gain significant physical and mental benefits.
There is perhaps no other form of combative training that can refine a person's mental faculties like martial arts can. Spiritual fulfillment is one of the hallmarks of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and is integral in helping a practitioner be in control of several extreme emotions like fear, anger and anxiety. A person that learns to handle the emotional rigors of competition is well-equipped to handle the stresses of everyday life. You can be the best in your training program but you won't last two seconds in a tournament if you don't have your wits about you. If you are not capable of pushing through a tough situation, you are going to have trouble performing the way you were trained to. This mental toughness carries over into all walks of life.
BENIFITS OF BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU FOR KIDS
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu focuses on self-defense and building a martial art that aims at enhancing the mental and physical harmony of the practitioner. These techniques can be of special help to children. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for children can help them evolve into better individuals.
Many children face the problem of being bullied and are vulnerable to various anti-social elements. Since Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is designed to work against opponents, even when they are larger and stronger it is well suited for a child's self-defense. It also can be a relatively gentle form of submission, making it possible to stop the bully without seriously hurting the bully. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training helps a child develop self-discipline and self-worth. Through competition, children will form friendships, and learn to manage emotions well beyond that of their peers. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu also teaches the practitioner to respect one's opponent. This helps in controlling tendencies like bad mouthing, foul language and unethical practices in a child. The child learns to treat everyone with respect and patience. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu requires the practitioners to follow a set of ethics. This helps a child in building relationships with his peers and elders.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can be a good way to balance a child's life- parents work to find physical activities to counter the many digital ones children have. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can be an interesting way for the child to stay fit while spending time with friends and learning a skill that will enhance his or her entire life.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as self-defense
Since Jiu-Jitsu allows a small and weak person to submit bigger opponents with the use of proper techniques, especially when the aggressor has no ground fighting knowledge, its use as a self defense system has increased over the last years. It's effectiveness has caused it to be recognized and incorporated into a variety of programs, from top military special forces to women's self-defense. In mixed martial arts, proficiency in grappling and ground fighting has become a prerequisite, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu remains one of the most dominant martial arts in MMA.
BENIFITS OF COMBAT CONDITIONING
- They burn more calories than the average workout.
- They're more efficient - you work your whole body in a short period of time.
- They're fun - There are a variety of exercises and a competitive atmosphere that makes you forget you're working out
- As challenging or as easy as you want them to be. You can always modify exercises to make the workout fit your fitness level